Pages

Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Slow Cooker Skinny Applesauce Recipe

Slow Cooker Skinny Applesauce
(courtesy of Skinny Ms website)

I love this recipe for my daughter.  It doesn't have any added sugar like other homemade applesauce recipes I have seen. I only use organic apples in the recipe because it is on the top of the dirty dozen list. It is delicious and so easy to make.  I usually make a batch on Sunday's for the week.
Slow Cooker Skinny Applesauce
Ingredients
  • 6 Granny Smith apples, peeled and cored
  • 6 sweet apples, peeled and cored (good choices are gala, honey crisp, pink lady, or red delicious)
  • 1 tablespoon water
  • 1 teaspoon cinnamon
  • pinch of nutmeg
Directions
Add all the above ingredients to the slow cooker, cover and cook on low 6-8 hours. Serve warm or chilled. We used a 5 quart slow cooker for this recipe but 4 or 6 quart will work.

No comments:

Post a Comment